Container lifting jacks vs standard cranes
Hiring a crane is a standard approach to container logistics in most small or medium-sized companies. It is often a fast and convenient solution. That convenience obviously comes at a certain cost. Crane hiring rates are a serious problem if you deal with container logistics on several occasions every month.
Key differences between lifting jacks and cranes
There are many possible options if it comes to container logistics. In this little comparison below, we will try to compare some of the differences between these solutions.
Among the benefits of the standard cranes, we can certainly point out:
- Once deployed is able to unload containers faster.
- Possible to unload more containers in the same period of time
- Easy to move containers around.
Container lifting jacks, on the other hand, come with some significant advantages:
- Lightweight construction.
- Hugely cheaper to operate
- Easy to use
- Despite its small size, suitable for fully loaded containers.
- Great to use in areas with limited space
- Easy to move between sites
Which solution is better?
Every solution comes with its own strengths and weaknesses. None of the available devices is perfect for every application. Despite that, it is hard to miss the benefits of owning a set of lifting jacks. In case if you are looking for a solution that will make you independent of third-party contractors, this might be an option for you. Thanks to your own lifting jacks, you will be able to work at your own pace. Every time, you don’t need to hire a crane, you are actually saving a lot of money. These savings will certainly add up over time.